Irish Spirit Pound Cake
3/4 cup of Guinness Stout
1 tsp of vanila extact
1 box of Betty Crocker Poundcake mix
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9" loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, use a electric mixer to beat together the guinness, vanilla extract, cake mix, and eggs until smooth batter forms. Pour into cake pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and transfer the loaf onto a cooling rack.
5. Serve warm sliced with vanilla ice cream
Leprechaun Fudge Recipe
3 bags of white chocolate chips
1 can of sweetened milk
1 bottle of green food coloring
1 pack of Betty Crocker Key Lime powdered flavoring
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1. In double boiler, melt white chocolate chips, pour in milk and flavoring and green food coloring and powdered sugar.
2. Blend well and stir while adding each ingredients.
3. Pour onto pan or cookie sheet-lined with wax paper or parchment paper.
4. Place in fridge, let it set. Then take out the cut into squares.
Irish Pork Ribs Recipe
2 Ib pork ribs
12 oz Guinness Stout
1 onion, sliced
1/4 cup of packed brown sugar
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1/2 cup of honey
1 tbsp of fresh parsley
1 tbsp minced garlic
3/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
1. Place ribs in a large pan. Combine marinade ingredients. Pour marinade over the ribs. Place in the fridge and marinate for at least eight hours.
2. Remove ribs from the frige. Discard the marinade. Prepare a charcoal grill for medium heat. Place ribs on the grill. Cook for 30 minutes flipped halfway through.
3. Comebine the glaze ingredients. In a bowl, add 1/2 cup of honey, 1/4 cup of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of chopped parsley, 1 tbsp of mined garlic, 3/4 tsp of ground black epper.
4. Apply glaze generously on the ribs. Grill for 15 minutes. Remove from the grill and allow ribs to the rest for 15 minutes and serve.
Irish Potato Bread Recipe
2 3/4-pound russet potatoes
1 large egg plush 1 large egg white
1/3 cup of canola oil
3/4 cup fat-free milk
2 tbsp chives, minced
1/2 tsp of caraway seeds
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tbsp of baking powder
1 tsp salt
1. Bring 1 inch water to a boil over high heat in vegetable steamer. Peel 1 potato and cut into eighths; steam pieces until tender when pierced with fork, about 15 minutes. Rice or mash pieces in a large bowl; set aside to cool 15 minutes.
2. Position rack in center of oven; preheat oven at 375. Lightly oil large baking sheet with canola oil.
3. Peel other potato and grate it through large holes of box grater. Squeeze out any excess moisturel add to riced or mashed potatoes.
4. Stir in egg, egg whites, oil, milk, chives and caraway seeds until fairly smooth. Add 3 1/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt; stir with wooden spoon until mixture forms soft but sticky dough.
5. Lightly flour clean work surface as well as your hands. Turn dough out
Cabbage Salsa Recipe
1 head of cabbage
1 bunch of green onions
1 bunch of cilantro
1/4 cup of lemon juice
1 1/2 tbsp of ground cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp of red wine vinegar
6 roma tomatoes
1. Chop the cabbage to the desired size, I leave mine a little chunky. Finely cilantro by hand and add to the cabbage. Chop the green onions and jalapenos. Remove seeds and membrane. But if the salsa is not spicy, go ahead and add the seeds as needed.
2. Add all the spices, lemon juice and red wine vinegar. Mix together really well.
3. Dice the tomato and avocados and fold them in last. But if you make this recipe the night before, do not add the tomatoes and avocados until about 1 hour before you serve the salsa and do not mix to much because the tomatoes and avocados will become mushy.
4. Serve with your favorite chips
Green Tea Wine Recipe - St. Patricks Day Wine
So obviously I had to make this WAY before I submit this recipe because I had to get the wine done before St. Patricks Day. This recipe was also handed to me when I had visited Japan. Its actually not that hard to do. You can also adjust this the way you want. I like my wine sweet but still have a bitter edge too it.
And drink wisely and be safe! Not just on St. Patricks Day but everytime you go out for drinks!
Btw, if the wine doesn't come out green enough, just add green food coloring too it.
16 teaspoons of Green Tea
1 cup of white raisins, chopped
2 Ibs granulated sugar
zest & juice of 2 small lemons
water to 1 gallon
1 teaspoon yeast nutrient
1 pack wine yeast.
Boil water and pour over all ingredients but yeast (in primary). When water cools to under 100 degrees F., add activated yeast. When specific gravity drops to 1.015-1.010, strain tea and zest. Transfer liquid to secondary and attach airlock. Ferment to dryness, rack, top up and reaffix airlock.
Green Tea Mochi Cakes Recipe
WARNING: These are VERY addictive. I learned how to make these years back when I visited Japan. These are also a great idea for St. Patricks Day!
1 bx of Mochiko Sweet Rice Flour
1 1/2 sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp of matcha green tea powder
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 can of evaporated milk
1/2 cup of oil
1/4 cup of sour cream
1. Sift together the dry ingredients
2. Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and fold them into the dry ingredient. Don't over mix.
3. Prep a cupcake pan with paper liners and fill each to nearly the top.
4. Bake for 25 minutes in a 375 preheated oven.
5. Remove from the oven onto a wire rack to cool completely.
The Luck of the Irish Potion
I'm sure a lot of you seen and done this before. For me, I made this since I was a little girl and we did this every St. Patricks Day and we called it The Luck of the Irish Potion. This is normally called something else but thats what we had always called it. And my brother and me use to make wishes and when the glowing stopped, that means the magic ran out lol. When you are a kid, magic seems so real. Anyways, we had a lot of fun with these growing up and I hope you guys have fun as well, this brings back a lot of memories for me!
glow stick - you can order from Amazon
green diamond glitter - you can also use multi-colored glitter
1. Cut a glow stick and shake the contents into the jar. The content should be at least somewhat liquid, you don't want a pure gel consistency. And the jar should be at least half ful with the glow stick content but its preferred to fill the whole jar.
2. Add the glitter and make a wish
3. Seal the top and shake hard